Sunday 8 July 2007

'It's a radio for speaking to God...'

Right, so I'm in this nice little Italian restaurant on Saturday night, when who should I see on the table in the corner but the actor Ron Cook AKA Sean the Irish Bastard from 'The Black Adder' and Mr. Magpie from the Doctor Who story 'The Idiot's Lantern'. Yeah, him off the telly. And he was Parker in the 'Thunderbirds' movie. Oh, and he was in 'Hot Fuzz' too. Worth a couple of anorak points, surely. Then I look a bit closer and he's talking to another actor, Paul Freeman, from 'The Long Good Friday', 'Hot Fuzz' and 'Power Rangers: The Movie'.

Oh yeah, and he played also Belloq in 'Raiders of the Lost Ark'.

I saw Belloq having his dinner! Brilliant. I had to strongly resist the urge to grab his food off him and say 'Again we see there is nothing you can possess which I cannot take away'. Worth about a hundred anorak points, that one.

No comments: