Tuesday 2 October 2007

This man's a genius...

Rob Newman. You've been away too long my friend. A teenage hero of mine from the days of 'The Mary Whitehouse Experience' and 'Newman and Baddiel', Rob(ert) decided to shun the comedy limelight many moons ago to concentrate on novel writing and lead a generally more politically active lifestyle. Recently he returned to our screens with his sublime 'History of Oil' stand-up show for More 4, and he's just had a six part series commissioned for BBC4 called the 'The History of the World Backwards', which goes out at the end of October. What am I, his friggin' biography? No, just a fan, happy to see him back and making me laugh once again. I've just spent half an hour listening to an edition of 'Genius' on Radio 4, where Mr. Newman was Dave Gorman's special guest, and the adjudicator of whether or not the ideas presented were really genius. And he was brilliant. Clever, witty, insightful, majestical. It was just like old times. Except Snap aren't number one with 'Rhythm is a Dancer' and I haven't got any Maths homework to finish.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hello. This post is likeable, and your blog is very interesting, congratulations :-). I will add in my blogroll =). If possible gives a last there on my blog, it is about the TĂȘnis e Sapato, I hope you enjoy. The address is http://tenis-e-sapato.blogspot.com. A hug.